Hunt, Joel V. Rev. of Book Review, Expanding the Horizon of Electroacoustic Music Analysis, edited by Simon Emmerson and Leigh Landy (Cambridge University Press). A-R Editions 74.4. 2018: 635-639.
Hunt, Joel V. Rev. of Book Review, Negotiated Moments: Improvisation, Sound, and Subjectivity, edited by Gillian Siddall and Ellen Waterman (Duke University Press, 2016). A-R Editions 75.2. 2018: 306- 310.
Hunt, Joel V., “Unifying a Diverse Output: “Prose-Report Composition” in the Music of Henry Brant.” Texts and beyond: The Process of Music Composition from 19th to 20th century. Ed. Jonathan Goldman. Ad Parnassum Studies, Ut Orpheus Edizioni, 2016: 86-97.
Hunt, Joel V., et al. “Indeterminacy as a means for practical complexity in Henry Brant’s ‘Instant Music’.” Mitteilungen der Paul Sacher Stiftung 27. (2014): 41-45.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS AND INVITED LECTURES
“Compositional Process as Framework for Text-Based Improvisation in Henry Brant’s “Instant Music
- Guest Lecture, Arizona State University, March 2016
- Tracking the Creative Process in Music, IRCAM, Paris, October 2015
“Unifying a Diverse Output: “Prose-Report Composition” in the Music of Henry Brant”
- Guest Lecture, Emory University, March 2015
- Tracking the Creative Process in Music Conference, Montreal, Quebec, October 2013
- Paul Sacher Stiftung Colloquium, Basel, Switzerland, November 2012
“Blurring Boundaries: Integrating Composition, Improvisation and Technology in the 21st Century”
- Invited Lecture, Digital Research Lecture Series, Pennsylvania State University, February 2015
- Meet the Composer, Linfield College, March 2014
“‘Oblique Harmony’ in Henry Brant’s Variations for Four Instruments”
- Society for Music Theory, Milwaukee, WI, November 2014
“Indeterminacy in the Music of Henry Brant: Toward a Framework for ‘Controlled Improvisation'”
- Society for American Music Conference, Sacramento, CA, March 2015
- EuroMAC2014, Leuven, Belgium, September 2014
- Canadian University Music Society Annual Conference, Brock University, May 2014
“MAX/MSP: Custom Solutions for Digital Audio Processing”
- Invited Lecture, UCSB Music Production Club, April 2013
“Compositional Process in the Music of Henry Brant”
- Canadian University Music Society, University of Victoria, June 2013
- West Coast Conference of Music Theory and Analysis, UC Irvine, March 2013
“Metrical Dissonance in the Music of Steve Reich”
- Temporality: Issues of Change and Stasis in Music, CSU Long Beach, April 2012